1. All eyes will be on Downingtown East-Coatesville tonight with arguably the two top quarterbacks in the Ches-Mont. No one has come close to slowing the Cougars down yet, but Coatesville has the weapons to try and keep pace. The key for Coatesville is protecting QB Emmett Hunt. Against Malvern Prep, Hunt picked the Friars apart when he had time. But Malvern also recorded 6 sacks, which severely hampered Red Raider drives. With neither team great on the ground, quarterback play will be the difference.
2. Rustin hasn't lost a league game since 2007. Unionville has been the closest thing to a threat and it will try to get its first win over the Golden Knights in 5 years. Unionville has played 2 tough games to start the season, while this will be Rustin's first test against a playoff caliber team. Expect a lot of handoffs with a few play action passes and tough defense on both sides. Turnovers have been the difference lately in this series and this should be no different.
3. Conestoga needs a big win against Marple tonight after 2 straight league losses. Viviano and DeStefano have a great connection, averaging almost 10 receptions a game, but the Pioneers might have to push the ball downfield a little more to help open up the offense and increase scoring.
4. Oxford is quietly playing shutdown defense, surrendering just 2 TDs all season. Sun Valley is better than in years past so this game will give us a good look at how deep the American Division actually is this fall.
5. Malvern Prep gets its toughest test of the season with La Salle on Saturday. The Friars' secondary will be seriously tested against one of the favorites in Class AAAA. And don't be surprised if there's some other local coaches in the stands with hopes of moving on past the District 1 championship game in November.